24 August 2009

Shiritori Game on Twitter

24 August 2009
I follow a few folks on Twitter, a couple of whom teach Japanese on eduFire. One fellow, who you can find on Twitter as @rainbowhill, started a Shiritori game. Here's a link to his blog where you can read the rules. I didn't read the rules thoroughly and messed up my first entry. Oops! But I went back and (hopefully) redeemed myself.

So head over to Twitter and follow #shiritori and join the game! (You can save the search for quick reference later.) I want to play now that I've figured out the rules, and I want to learn some new words. I have no qualms about searching through the dictionary for a word to use. Something has to prompt me to use that silly thing and a game is a great way to do it! Plus, my retention is better this way.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

It's a good way to get involved. I find a lot of conversations just keep rolling long after they started on Twitter. Thanks for playing!

Kara said...

Thanks for dropping by my blog! I've been lurking on the game for a while, but didn't feel that my vocabulary was strong enough. Then it occurred to me that vocabulary-building was exactly why you're playing and that I'd better join!

Bookmark and Share or vote for this post at

My Recent Posts

Otearai Wa Doko Desu Ka?
 
Otearai Wa Doko Desu Ka?. Design by Pocket