30 August 2009

Movie: Shinobi

30 August 2009
The movie Shinobi was released in 2005, so it isn't new, but I just watched it this weekend. I almost passed it up, but it's hard for me to resist films that have ninja in them. I'm glad I watched it. It was really good. Lots of action, good effects and this beautiful shot of ninja fighting in front of a full moon:

(Well, it was a lot nicer while it was actually moving.) Throw in some treachery, deception, star-crossed lovers, beautiful scenery, well-done fight scenes, and super cool scratchy growly voices, and it all came together to make an enjoyable afternoon for me. I did watch it in Japanese without subtitles, but luckily was able to follow the storyline without any real difficulty.

I set a new goal recently to watch at least one movie every two weeks in Japanese. I can't commit to anything more frequent due to my school schedule, so I hope that's realistic. A friend recommended that I find a couple of movies that I really enjoyed and watch them multiple times as I learn more Japanese. I think Shinobi will definitely be on the list.

It's probably available in multiple other languages by now, so check it out and let me know if you like it, too.

0 comments:

Bookmark and Share or vote for this post at

My Recent Posts

Otearai Wa Doko Desu Ka?
 
Otearai Wa Doko Desu Ka?. Design by Pocket