
Maybe I really have been studying too much. Maybe my study is not focused enough in a specific area. But, today, I am very discouraged. I have difficulty understanding simple questions in Japanese. I need to listen to more spoken Japanese, but I can't find any recordings of simple conversations. The internet is full of specific lessons, music or TV shows/movies, but that's not what I need right now. I need simple conversations, everyday conversations, not "Nice to meet you, my name is John" again and again. Anyone have any recommendations?
On the positive side, I can consistently recall the meanings of about 80 of the 103 kanji I need to know for the JLPT. Once I feel comfortable with all of them, I will focus more attention on the individual readings, as I only know them for a few kanji. I am encouraged by my progress, on this as I had originally anticipated it to be an area of weakness for me.
My language partner suggested today that I practice reading Japanese out loud so I won't be so timid about speaking it when we chat. I think that's a wonderful suggestion and I plan to implement it right away. My only concern is that with my pathetic vocabulary, I won't know where the word breaks are. But, as always, I will do my best.
On the positive side, I can consistently recall the meanings of about 80 of the 103 kanji I need to know for the JLPT. Once I feel comfortable with all of them, I will focus more attention on the individual readings, as I only know them for a few kanji. I am encouraged by my progress, on this as I had originally anticipated it to be an area of weakness for me.
My language partner suggested today that I practice reading Japanese out loud so I won't be so timid about speaking it when we chat. I think that's a wonderful suggestion and I plan to implement it right away. My only concern is that with my pathetic vocabulary, I won't know where the word breaks are. But, as always, I will do my best.


2 comments:
keep trying. がんばって!
ありがとございます。I won't give up!
Post a Comment