01 July 2009

Go, Go, Godzilla!

01 July 2009
I follow a handful of blogs, mostly related to various aspects of Japan. (My favorites are listed on the blogroll to the side.) One of these faves is Our Man in Abiko. Great style and wit, accompanied by a cool Courier font. I'm a sucker for Courier, although I don't use it myself. Kind of like how I enjoy the news, but never watch it on television.

The title of my blog should be "But I Digress..." I'm sure someone has already laid claim to that, though. Or I could have called it "Actually, Though" since I seem to use those two words frequently. But I digress...

I was reading through some older posts and noticed one with a nice little YouTube clip on Godzilla. It's quite nice and gave me some good ideas for evading the evil known as work. I try to avoid re-blogging things much because I use a feed that invariably provides me with links to multiple posts covering the same subject every day. And sometimes the subject is re-blogged several days later. It's like a bad case of cyber deja vu when that happens. And annoying. But Godzilla fits in with my list of things that people typically associate with Japan. I should probably add the G-Man to the links up top. Hmmm....

So anyway, here is the link to the post where I saw this video:



And no first post about the scariest train-smasher of them all would be complete without this homage by Blue Oyster Cult, Guitar Hero style:



0 comments:

Bookmark and Share or vote for this post at

My Recent Posts

Otearai Wa Doko Desu Ka?
 
Otearai Wa Doko Desu Ka?. Design by Pocket