I've been pretty busy lately and haven't been able to play with my new toy as much as I'd like, but I did check out one app a little bit. It's the JLPT4 Vocabulary application from TheJapanesePage.com.
The app relies on Romaji pretty heavily, which is okay for a super beginner, but not so great when you're really trying to reinforce your kana learning. The interface is straightforward and simple to navigate, as it should be. Many of the lists are sorted either by Romaji spelling or by Japanese pronunciation. Words and sentences are displayed in kanji/kana as well as Romaji. Study cards and flash cards all have an audio file attached so you can listen to the pronunciations.
I enjoyed the quizzes, especially the ones I did well on! The "voice" reads the word to you and you select the correct answer from the list below. The word is also presented in Japanese, which is good because sometimes I figured out the answer from the kanji components. That was weird for me since I haven't studied kanji much! You can also take the quizzes for example sentences, a nice way to practice your listening comprehension.
The app is only $1.99 and it's worth the money. For some screen shots and additional features, you can check out the information here. Several other apps are available, including more JLPT study programs, Japanese Phrases and a simple toddler app that teaches words in Japanese/Spanish/English. I like that one, too, since those are the languages currently studied in my home.
If you're learning Japanese (particularly beginners), TheJapanesePage.com has quite a few study tools for you, many of which are free, so check them out. You should find something that works for you!
The app relies on Romaji pretty heavily, which is okay for a super beginner, but not so great when you're really trying to reinforce your kana learning. The interface is straightforward and simple to navigate, as it should be. Many of the lists are sorted either by Romaji spelling or by Japanese pronunciation. Words and sentences are displayed in kanji/kana as well as Romaji. Study cards and flash cards all have an audio file attached so you can listen to the pronunciations.
I enjoyed the quizzes, especially the ones I did well on! The "voice" reads the word to you and you select the correct answer from the list below. The word is also presented in Japanese, which is good because sometimes I figured out the answer from the kanji components. That was weird for me since I haven't studied kanji much! You can also take the quizzes for example sentences, a nice way to practice your listening comprehension.
The app is only $1.99 and it's worth the money. For some screen shots and additional features, you can check out the information here. Several other apps are available, including more JLPT study programs, Japanese Phrases and a simple toddler app that teaches words in Japanese/Spanish/English. I like that one, too, since those are the languages currently studied in my home.
If you're learning Japanese (particularly beginners), TheJapanesePage.com has quite a few study tools for you, many of which are free, so check them out. You should find something that works for you!


0 comments:
Post a Comment