The following video has made the blogger rounds with a wide array of commentary attached. Not to be outdone, I have the proverbial two cents to throw in, because every time I see the video, it makes me very sad. Here, watch it first if you haven't seen it...
A few things that I've noticed when watching this video:
- The man is very upset. Sure, that seems obvious, but he is over-the-top, can't-take-it-anymore upset. Ever been so frustrated and angry with the world that you stop making sense and just want to throw rocks? I have.
- He doesn't want to hurt anyone. He just wants to be acknowledged. When he does throw the rocks, he's so agitated that he throws them like a child. It is reminiscent of a tantrum more than an attack. When the station employees approach him, he doesn't try to hurt them.
- The station employees mean business. Almost more than the police. In fact, they accompany and assist the police as the man is escorted away.
- One employee tries to block the camera when he notices it. Maybe he feels like throwing rocks, too, and hopes that when he does, it won't be captured on film.
And in the immortal words of Forrest Gump, that's all I have to say about that.


0 comments:
Post a Comment