It piqued my interest and so I Googled Tokyo flags. I found this great site called Flags of the World. Sure could have used it for geography class back in grade school! It's a nice composition of various flags, their meanings, date of adoption, etc. Did you know that the study of flags is called vexillology?
Here are a few of the Tokyo city flags:
From Akiruno:
From Chofu:
From Higashiyamoto:

From Mitaka:
Pretty, eh? It's funny because some of these flags have been around for decades, and many flags & emblems in modern science-fiction are reminiscent of them. I highly recommend the flag web site. If you spend any amount of time online, you probably talk to friends in many different countries. Don't you think it would be nice to learn a little about their nation's primary symbol? You might surprise them with a bit of trivia that they don't know!Sorry if I sound like your mom. It comes with the territory of actually being a mom :) Anyway, here's a direct link to the Tokyo flags page. Enjoy!


0 comments:
Post a Comment