Am I being facetious? Depends on which part of moving I'm doing at the time! Right now, I'm tired from packing all day, but I'm very happy and content. overall My schedule next weekend will be brutal, but it will accomplish the end goal: finishing! I have a hectic week at work ahead of me, too, so it will be challenging to coordinate the remaining parts of the move whilst working at light speed. And I still have to pack up my office!
In typical fashion, I started a list today of everything that still needs to be done in the next two weeks. It looks a little like this:
In typical fashion, I started a list today of everything that still needs to be done in the next two weeks. It looks a little like this:
- Change reservations for moving truck and trailer
- Solicit help for loading truck and trailer next Saturday
- Move household goods to storage
- Move need-it-now goods to new house
- Take kids to dentist Tuesday
- Pick up copies of dental records
- Pick up copies of school records
- Drop off medical records request form
- Pick up optometrist records
- Disassemble beds
- Pack my room
- Finish packing kids' rooms
- Yard sale Saturday (while loading truck & trailer!)
- Piss off garbage collectors with huge pile of rubbish
- Drop off donations for local children's program
- Drop off long overdue book at library!
- Legal appointment- update will & Parental Power of Attorney
- Change region with medical insurance company
- Finalize financial aid invoicing
- Finalize university registration
- Register kids in school
- Attend open house at elementary school and pre-kindergarten
- Submit postal change of address
- Register vehicle in new county
- Register to vote in new county
- Cancel telephone, internet and cable
- Clear housing
- Open/close bank accounts
- Mow yard
- Attend farewell dinner
- Present an award
- Write three articles for newspaper
- Pick up reel from television station
- Brief at two meetings
- Finalize copy for web page (at work)
- Type meeting minutes
- Complete two After Action Reviews
- Update continuity books for successor
Jeez. There's more, but I think I'll stop there and print this. Needless to say, my presence online will be somewhat diminished over the next two weeks, but traffic on my blog isn't significant enough for me to suffer excessive guilt, just minor guilt. :)
Wish me luck and even though about 98% of this blog's readers are from far, far away, feel free to offer to drop by on Saturday to help me move!
Wish me luck and even though about 98% of this blog's readers are from far, far away, feel free to offer to drop by on Saturday to help me move!


0 comments:
Post a Comment