Two more days and I will be on the road with half of my earthly possessions following along in a rented trailer and the other half in a storage unit. I am really excited about this move as it marks a change not just in location, but in my outlook for the future. I am off to do something wonderful for myself that I have put off for a long time. For the first time in many years, I get to do something for myself that I actually want to do. Not to please anyone or make someone's job easier, but just because I want to.
It won't be easy. I have no doubts about that. But I have been disenchanted for quite some time and now I can just be...well...busy! I'll be taking lots of classes this semester and of course the one that I am looking forward to the most is Japanese. The first two semesters are my self-appointed "test period." If I do well in the first full year of Japanese class, I will take it all the way. If I am a horrific failure, I'll just fall back on the ol' Business degree and minor in Japanese. Either way, I win. Not having my bachelor's degree has eliminated quite a few opportunities in the past, regardless of how intelligent or educated I may actually be.
Tired as I am this week, I am filled with anticipation and am downright giddy. Think kindly of me as I jump both feet first into this new adventure. With a little luck and a lot of hard work, it will be a good one!
And now, ladies and gentlemen, Pink Floyd!
It won't be easy. I have no doubts about that. But I have been disenchanted for quite some time and now I can just be...well...busy! I'll be taking lots of classes this semester and of course the one that I am looking forward to the most is Japanese. The first two semesters are my self-appointed "test period." If I do well in the first full year of Japanese class, I will take it all the way. If I am a horrific failure, I'll just fall back on the ol' Business degree and minor in Japanese. Either way, I win. Not having my bachelor's degree has eliminated quite a few opportunities in the past, regardless of how intelligent or educated I may actually be.
Tired as I am this week, I am filled with anticipation and am downright giddy. Think kindly of me as I jump both feet first into this new adventure. With a little luck and a lot of hard work, it will be a good one!
And now, ladies and gentlemen, Pink Floyd!


0 comments:
Post a Comment