04 July 2009

Hachiko: A Dog's Story

04 July 2009
Richard Gere, Joan Allen and Jason Alexander star in "Hachiko: A Dog's Story." I mentioned Hachiko in an earlier post. Here is the picture of his statue in Shibuya again, in case you missed the earlier entry.

The Seattle Film Festival screening of this film was on 13 June 2009. This re-make of the 1987 Japanese film "Hachiko Monogatari" is set to release in the US later this year (I haven't been able to find a date on that yet). The setting was changed from Tokyo to Rhode Island (boo!). My kids will want to see it in the theatre, but I don't know about that. I'm not a big fan of tear-jerkers and this one sounds like it should be sponsored by Kleenex. But I'll probably go and try to be strong. :)

If you'd like to watch an English sub-titled version of the original film, part one is below. When it ends, you should see links to the next parts (13 parts in all for the whole movie).



Here's the trailer (in Japanese) for the new version:



Useless fact: This isn't the first remake of a Japanese film for Gere. He also remade "Dance With Me." The Japanese version is on its way to me from Netflix, so I'll post a review and comparison after I watch it and it's fresh on my mind.

0 comments:

Bookmark and Share or vote for this post at

My Recent Posts

Otearai Wa Doko Desu Ka?
 
Otearai Wa Doko Desu Ka?. Design by Pocket