23 September 2009

Useless Fact About Me

23 September 2009
I was talking to my mother a few days ago about my interest in Japan and about learning Japanese. She mentioned that she wasn't surprised since I had been interested in Japan since I was a baby. WHAT?? She and my father shared a knowing look and nodded to each other. WHAT?? As it turns out, we lived in San Francisco until I was almost three years old (okay, I knew that already, it's the next part that surprised me). My parents frequently took me to the Japanese Tea Garden (pictured above) in Golden Gate Park where we strolled and visited the tea house for tea. Apparently, it was my favorite place to visit. Interesting.

I do remember visiting the Botanical Gardens in Fort Worth, Texas (pictured above) several times a year from around Kindergarten until I was an adult. They have a Japanese garden there that I liked a lot.

And all this time, I thought my fascination stared with ninja...

0 comments:

Bookmark and Share or vote for this post at

My Recent Posts

Otearai Wa Doko Desu Ka?
 
Otearai Wa Doko Desu Ka?. Design by Pocket