I have finished chapters one and two in my textbook and 80 pages from the workbook, as well as listening to (and repeating) the accompanying audio files many times. I mailed the last of the worksheets today. With any luck, I will be permitted to take my chapter 1-2 oral exam next Tuesday, assuming that my instructor has received my worksheets and that they are correct. Over the weekend, I will focus on my JLPT-specific studies, particularly vocabulary and kanji.
Yesterday, I revisited the JLPT Study Page and looked through the grammar samples again. I was thrilled that my understanding had increased. Not enough to pass the test yet, but those little glimmers of comprehension keep me going! If you follow my Twitter feed, you may have noticed a tweet recently where I was amazed to be reading, writing and speaking Japanese. I still equate my skill level to that of a toddler, although that comparison isn't technically accurate anymore. I can compose complete sentences and respond to questions with a complete answer... as long as you are asking for the time (preferably on the hour or half hour or you may be waiting a while for me to figure out the minutes!) and if you are asking what school ブラウンさんattends!
Particles, the bane of my existence, are becoming clearer, although I may never have a good relationship with は and が (and I may never forgive myself for forgetting the single particle on my exam yesterday!!!!!!). I may also lose my mind if I don't figure out a faster and easier way to switch between hirgana, katakana and English on my keyboard. Ack! But, thankfully, I can now type in Japanese, so I will be content with what I have.
Yesterday, I revisited the JLPT Study Page and looked through the grammar samples again. I was thrilled that my understanding had increased. Not enough to pass the test yet, but those little glimmers of comprehension keep me going! If you follow my Twitter feed, you may have noticed a tweet recently where I was amazed to be reading, writing and speaking Japanese. I still equate my skill level to that of a toddler, although that comparison isn't technically accurate anymore. I can compose complete sentences and respond to questions with a complete answer... as long as you are asking for the time (preferably on the hour or half hour or you may be waiting a while for me to figure out the minutes!) and if you are asking what school ブラウンさんattends!
Particles, the bane of my existence, are becoming clearer, although I may never have a good relationship with は and が (and I may never forgive myself for forgetting the single particle on my exam yesterday!!!!!!). I may also lose my mind if I don't figure out a faster and easier way to switch between hirgana, katakana and English on my keyboard. Ack! But, thankfully, I can now type in Japanese, so I will be content with what I have.



0 comments:
Post a Comment