12 September 2009

How Much Education is Too Much?

12 September 2009
I enrolled in the last of my classes for this semester; these three begin 30 September. I'm not sure what I'm thinking. Maybe I imagine myself to be some type of super-student-robot who can just study non-stop. But, I am so determined to push through my degree as fast as I can. I've been delayed in completing it for so long that I no longer have the patience for a traditional pace.

So here's the current schedule:
Japanese 101
Macroeconomics
Religions of India, China and Japan
English Literature from 1700- the present
Algebra (blecch)
Accounting I
Speech

It isn't really all that bad, though. I've been making good progress (and good grades) in my classes so far. With the completion of these courses, spring & summer sessions and my transfer credits from the past, I should be a firmly seated junior next fall. I've decided on a different college than I previously hoped- a smaller one that is in the town in which I live. That means a change in my intended major to Management with a minor in International Business. This school will apply more of my transfer credits toward my degree, which is a definite bonus. I'll only be able to take three semesters of Japanese online, but can continue my studies independently after that and rely on JLPT certification for verification of skill on my resume.

I'm still hoping that a semester abroad is in my future, but with children, that may be an unrealized dream. But who knows, eh? I never thought I'd be able to go back to school full-time and that's happening now.

0 comments:

Bookmark and Share or vote for this post at

My Recent Posts

Otearai Wa Doko Desu Ka?
 
Otearai Wa Doko Desu Ka?. Design by Pocket