Or should I say, 日本語しゅくだ?。 Or is it 日本語のしゅくだ? That little の particle trips me up sometimes. And I can never remember the word しゅくだい. Well, it will probably stick around by the time I finish school...
But, on to the point! Today, I received my chapter 1&2 homework back from my instructor. Wow, lots of red marks!! But, after looking through the papers, I see that most of my grammar was in good shape. Much of what was annotated was my sloppy handwriting :) It stands to reason that if my handwriting is a mess in English, it might also be a mess in Japanese. I do try to write neatly on my exams, though. It just takes so long and I am so impatient! LOL
I'm looking forward to my first EduFure class on Monday: 5 Steps To Ace The Japanese Language Proficiency Test At Any Level (go sign up!). I wanted to take a series from this instructor before, but his classes always occur during the hour that I pick up my youngest son from school. Monday, I'm picking him up a bit early from Pre-K so that I can take the class since it's a one-shot deal.
I was really lazy last week about studying. I don't know why. It just happens sometimes. But, I'm going to buckle down this week and knock out some assignments. Three new courses begin on Wednesday and I need to be on track with my other classes. In fact, I should probably be studying right now, but it's raining and I feel sooo sleeeeeeppppy. I'm considering dropping the new classes so I can focus on the current ones, but I need the credits now so I can stay on track with my May 2012 graduation plan. *sigh*
My studies for the JLPT have been less than stellar lately, too. I'm really focusing on finishing my Japanese course, since much of the JLPT 4 material is covered within the course. But, it's time to break out the past-year exams and plod through them as best I can. I know it needs to be done, but the last time I tried, it was very disappointing. I do okay with vocabulary flash card type quizzes, but when I read through the questions on the exam, I find that I understand very little. But, last time, I did understand more, so I felt a bit encouraged. As far as pinpointing my weaknesses....well, Japanese seems to be my weakness! But, my focus right now is vocabulary, vocabulary, vocabulary.
I registered at jlpt.biz and they have a great repository of prior year exams. They also have some audio files for the listening comprehension portion, but the quality was so bad that they were completely useless. I keep hoping that maybe my headset was malfunctioning or that the connection was bad that day because I would really like to practice that part of the exam!
But, on to the point! Today, I received my chapter 1&2 homework back from my instructor. Wow, lots of red marks!! But, after looking through the papers, I see that most of my grammar was in good shape. Much of what was annotated was my sloppy handwriting :) It stands to reason that if my handwriting is a mess in English, it might also be a mess in Japanese. I do try to write neatly on my exams, though. It just takes so long and I am so impatient! LOL
I'm looking forward to my first EduFure class on Monday: 5 Steps To Ace The Japanese Language Proficiency Test At Any Level (go sign up!). I wanted to take a series from this instructor before, but his classes always occur during the hour that I pick up my youngest son from school. Monday, I'm picking him up a bit early from Pre-K so that I can take the class since it's a one-shot deal.
I was really lazy last week about studying. I don't know why. It just happens sometimes. But, I'm going to buckle down this week and knock out some assignments. Three new courses begin on Wednesday and I need to be on track with my other classes. In fact, I should probably be studying right now, but it's raining and I feel sooo sleeeeeeppppy. I'm considering dropping the new classes so I can focus on the current ones, but I need the credits now so I can stay on track with my May 2012 graduation plan. *sigh*
My studies for the JLPT have been less than stellar lately, too. I'm really focusing on finishing my Japanese course, since much of the JLPT 4 material is covered within the course. But, it's time to break out the past-year exams and plod through them as best I can. I know it needs to be done, but the last time I tried, it was very disappointing. I do okay with vocabulary flash card type quizzes, but when I read through the questions on the exam, I find that I understand very little. But, last time, I did understand more, so I felt a bit encouraged. As far as pinpointing my weaknesses....well, Japanese seems to be my weakness! But, my focus right now is vocabulary, vocabulary, vocabulary.
I registered at jlpt.biz and they have a great repository of prior year exams. They also have some audio files for the listening comprehension portion, but the quality was so bad that they were completely useless. I keep hoping that maybe my headset was malfunctioning or that the connection was bad that day because I would really like to practice that part of the exam!


0 comments:
Post a Comment