Well, the sense of "Holy crap!" is starting to kick in. My course load would be easy to manage if I was 18 or 19, but with the responsibilities and obligations that fill my days, I'm starting to get a little overwhelmed. Today, I sat down to make a study schedule, trying to put in two-hour blocks for specific subjects, and it can't be done. I am constantly interrupted by requirements to drive people somewhere, make dinner, etc., etc. If I try to get out of any of my obligations, I feel guilty. People are depending on me. But, I need to get my schoolwork done, too. I've been taught since I was a little girl that you should always put yourself last. That is causing great conflict in me right now. I need to finish school so that I can properly support my family, but I can't take the time away from them in order to finish school. *sigh*
I guess the biggest lesson I will have to learn this semester is how to balance my needs with my obligations. I know there's a way; I just have to find it.
I guess the biggest lesson I will have to learn this semester is how to balance my needs with my obligations. I know there's a way; I just have to find it.


0 comments:
Post a Comment