10 November 2009

So Lazy With Blogging

10 November 2009
I have been a very bad blogger lately. But I have lots of excuses! Like how I took a nap today. And it has been cold and rainy lately. Excuses like that. I think they're good excuses. The truth is, I have lots of things going on right now, some great, some not-so-great, and those things are keeping me very busy.

The JLPT 4 exam is approaching quickly, and while I am certainly not prepared enough to pass, I have been studying hard for it anyway. Mid-terms have come and gone, and I am behind my projected pace on a couple of my online courses, so I am trying to re-focus and catch up on those, too.

I have been reading aloud in Japanese quite a bit lately. I downloaded about ten children's books. My kids roll think it's fun listening to me read them, so that has been helpful. I feel silly reading out loud to an empty room sometimes. And the kids are picking up a little Japanese, which both pleases me and annoys me. They make it seem so easy, but in actuality, they're only learning words here and there. They have no schedules to adhere to, so there's no pressure for them. Maybe I need to give myself some slack and stop putting so much pressure on myself, and just get back to enjoying learning Japanese. Experience has shown me that if I think of something as work or as a "must-do" that I lose motivation pretty fast. And so I allowed myself a nap today and tonight I'm watching a movie in Japanese just for the fun of it.

0 comments:

Bookmark and Share or vote for this post at

My Recent Posts

Otearai Wa Doko Desu Ka?
 
Otearai Wa Doko Desu Ka?. Design by Pocket