No, this isn't about pennies or one yen coins. Just a quick little post about the changes to my blog. I was using a default template from Blogger and I didn't like it at all. And while Googling my blog, I found about 6000000 others with some variant of the "Talking to Myself" theme, all with a variety of topics that I may or may not have wanted to be associated with. (Ooh, I just ended my sentence with a preposition. Bet it happens again later...) So, after some brainstorming, snickering and re-reading of my current entries, I went with the new title, "Otearai wa doko desu ka?" Anytime I go somewhere new, I look for two things: the exit and the restroom. I have four kids, so go figure :)

I found some nice Blogger templates at Btemplates that were free. Free is good. I really don't have time to construct a template from scratch, and in all honesty, I don't have the requisite coding knowledge. Which means I'd have to spend hours and hours learning how to scrap together something that I would ulitmately hate. The template I chose had three different color selections. The peach was too pale, the red was really bright (I don't like bright sites when I'm surfing at night, so I passed on that one) and then this brown one. Not my first choice in colors, but I don't hate it. I hope you don't either!
You may have noticed the link bar at the very top of the page. I linked to some general information sites on Japan-related topics that tend to be of introductory interest to people. Those links will undoubtedly change as I find time to write something of substance to attach. I'd like to focus more on things that I'm interested in- Japanese baseball, language, food, music- but we'll see how it turns out. :)
Well, thanks for reading! Matte ne!


2 comments:
dig the name :)
Thanks! It came in one of those sudden *DUH!* moments. I like those. I must have said this phrase a couple hundred times before we went on vacation. I was committed to being able to find a restroom!!
Post a Comment