I am tired. That should be the name of my blog. But then I would feel special, as though no one else is tired at the end of the workday, and I suppose that isn't true or the pillow companies would make less money. But lately, work is just sapping me of my will to work. I haven't had any notable bad experiences; the days have been pleasant enough. I am just tired.
So instead of working through the evening as I usually do, I will kick off my shoes and curl up with my book. Poor Genji has been sitting on my nightstand for days, and must be cross with me by now. Although mentally tired, I think I can still focus. Unless a good cartoon comes on. That always does me in.
With luck, my reading glasses are in my handbag and I can read without squinting. Yes, reading glasses- my "oh, look, everyone, yes, I'm in my 40's now" apparatus. But ha! I have a Hello Kitty case for them. Take that! And my glasses are cool, too. For glasses. No offense to glasses-wearers. I also got blue contacts (non-prescription since I'm still 20/20) and boy, is that weird. Dark brown eyes my whole life and then WOO! Blue eyes. I don't wear them often because they make my vision sort of misty, but when I feel feisty, I pop them in and giggle inside as people tilt their heads and wonder what is different.
Useless fact: I had a friend a long time ago who tilted her head like a dog when she was feigning interest in what you were saying. It irritated the bejeebers out of me.
Second useless fact: I had another friend a long time ago who frequently said "useless fact" before stating something.
Things you need to know. Find them here.
So instead of working through the evening as I usually do, I will kick off my shoes and curl up with my book. Poor Genji has been sitting on my nightstand for days, and must be cross with me by now. Although mentally tired, I think I can still focus. Unless a good cartoon comes on. That always does me in.
With luck, my reading glasses are in my handbag and I can read without squinting. Yes, reading glasses- my "oh, look, everyone, yes, I'm in my 40's now" apparatus. But ha! I have a Hello Kitty case for them. Take that! And my glasses are cool, too. For glasses. No offense to glasses-wearers. I also got blue contacts (non-prescription since I'm still 20/20) and boy, is that weird. Dark brown eyes my whole life and then WOO! Blue eyes. I don't wear them often because they make my vision sort of misty, but when I feel feisty, I pop them in and giggle inside as people tilt their heads and wonder what is different.
Useless fact: I had a friend a long time ago who tilted her head like a dog when she was feigning interest in what you were saying. It irritated the bejeebers out of me.
Second useless fact: I had another friend a long time ago who frequently said "useless fact" before stating something.
Things you need to know. Find them here.


0 comments:
Post a Comment