What a month I've had. And I still have another month or so of absolute chaos before my life (hopefully) can launch itself into normalcy. But, I am pleased to say that my grades haven't suffered much and that I am enrolled for another intense semester. On top of my regular classes, I am planning to study for some CLEP exams. I should be able to pass and apply seven courses to my degree, which will shave off a whole semester of in-seat classwork.
For readers who don't follow my Twitter feed, my mother was in the hospital for a week. When my father went to pick her up, he fell in the parking lot and broke his arm. A few days later, my mother collapsed and nearly died, and went into ICU for several days and was in the hospital for just over a week again. During that time, my father had surgery on his arm and can't drive until he has the pins removed (he broke his dominant arm). So, I've been official chauffeur to doctor appointments, hospital visits, etc. while still going to class full-time and taking care of the kids. It has been hectic and exhausting, to say the least. But, aside from a very disappointing failure on an Algebra test in the midst of all the action that dropped me to a B average, I've kept up my A's in everything else. I'll take it :)
I have high aspirations right now and relaxing in mediocrity just isn't my style anymore. I realized that I had some good excuses for not finishing school in the past- and some of them really were good reasons- but if I had just pushed on and suffered through the hard times without losing focus, I would have finished school a long time ago. But, if...whatever. It is what it is, and I'm doing what I'm doing now. Life is good, my kids are great, and everything is and will be as it should. As long as we're happy, it's all good. And getting back into school makes me very happy. Finishing my degree will make me even happier, so I'm not letting go this time!!
Because of my parents' health, I can't take the JLPT this year, which is a big disappointment. But, I have a full year to study and I'll aim for level 3 next year instead (or the new level 4, whichever it is!). JLPT is great, but what I really want to do is communicate in Japanese and no test other than real-life application will properly gauge that. So, onward I press in school, with my goal clearly in sight.
Never give up, never surrender!
For readers who don't follow my Twitter feed, my mother was in the hospital for a week. When my father went to pick her up, he fell in the parking lot and broke his arm. A few days later, my mother collapsed and nearly died, and went into ICU for several days and was in the hospital for just over a week again. During that time, my father had surgery on his arm and can't drive until he has the pins removed (he broke his dominant arm). So, I've been official chauffeur to doctor appointments, hospital visits, etc. while still going to class full-time and taking care of the kids. It has been hectic and exhausting, to say the least. But, aside from a very disappointing failure on an Algebra test in the midst of all the action that dropped me to a B average, I've kept up my A's in everything else. I'll take it :)
I have high aspirations right now and relaxing in mediocrity just isn't my style anymore. I realized that I had some good excuses for not finishing school in the past- and some of them really were good reasons- but if I had just pushed on and suffered through the hard times without losing focus, I would have finished school a long time ago. But, if...whatever. It is what it is, and I'm doing what I'm doing now. Life is good, my kids are great, and everything is and will be as it should. As long as we're happy, it's all good. And getting back into school makes me very happy. Finishing my degree will make me even happier, so I'm not letting go this time!!
Because of my parents' health, I can't take the JLPT this year, which is a big disappointment. But, I have a full year to study and I'll aim for level 3 next year instead (or the new level 4, whichever it is!). JLPT is great, but what I really want to do is communicate in Japanese and no test other than real-life application will properly gauge that. So, onward I press in school, with my goal clearly in sight.
Never give up, never surrender!


0 comments:
Post a Comment